Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fun With Kid Cousins

One of my cousins, who is 8, has a pink Razr phone. Let's call her K I have another 8 year old cousin who was completely astounded by this. I'll call her H. All last week, H was like a wind up doll. Breathlessly she'd announce, "Do you know that K has a pink Rzr and she got it in first grade? But P (H's older brother who is 13) just got his first cell phone."

For fun, I'd turn to H wide eyed and ask her, "Do you know K has a cell phone?" and H would launch into the same breathless announcement. I'm an expert in using little kids as entertainment or my own slaves. I can make up a game for finding as much trash as possible. Or like last week, K & H were driving me nuts so I asked them if they could fit their fist their mouths. H could, so I told her, "Good, show your dad." I'm also good at getting kids in trouble...

Seriously, a Razr in first grade? What the hell? Very seriously, I told my cousins that I got my first cell phone when I was 22. I leave out the part where that cell phones didn't exist before then.

No comments: