Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Star Wars Factions




If you're a Star Wars fan, which faction do you belong to?

I think I am an Expanded Universalist: These fans are jazzed by "Star Wars" spinoffs and apocrypha -- the "Clone Wars" animated series (2003-2005), the various novels, comics, books, video games and TV specials. "Expanded universe," it's called by insiders. "It's so much more elaborate, the stories and substories, than what you get in the movies," Thompson says. "It really expands your imagination and brings the movies closer."

Yup, this fits. But I also hate Jar Jar and believe Han shot first. I have an entire shelf of EU books. My favorite author is Timothy Zahn. The absolute worst EU book I have read was Star Wars Crystal Star. I haven't gotten into the latest books following Han and Leia's kids though.

No comments: