Thursday, May 03, 2007

You Get What You Pay For

I have finally realized why Payless promotes the sale of Buy One, Get One half off (aka BOGO). Out of every two sets of shoes, only 1 is good.

My Payless shopping has been cursed. I try on shoes, they feel fine and look great in the store but the second I get home it's like my feet are two sizes bigger. On my latest shopping trip I bought brown and black heels. The brown heels are fine so far. The black heels are sheer torture. I didn't walk Tuesday, I hobbled. Both pairs cost me $36. It's not just the fit. It's also the workmanship of their shoes. Soles made out of corkboard and heels that get worn down easily.

Today I am wearing my $50 Mia heels and I can walk. They look kick ass. I get what I paid for from Famous Footwear. So sayonara Payless. I have a pair of size 9 heels for adoption. I'll probably pick up these babies this weekend.

No comments: