Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Light in the Piazza


I went to the June 2 8pm show this weekend. I had read this review and was a little worried about how accurate it was.

It turns out I had gotten excellent seats (Row L orchestra left) so that helped with the enjoyment of the show! Overall, only two songs were memorable but the show itself was hugely entertaining. I was surprised how funny it was. The sets were gorgeous too. The Boston.com review did have a couple kernels of truth. The leads were just pretty to look at, not compelling in any way. The mother, played by Christine Andreas, was amazing. I really liked the comic relief of the womanizing brother. He sort of embodied Chico Marx's bravado combined with Harpo's skirt chasing. All in all, I had a fabulous time and the show definitely deserved the Tony

No comments: