Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Power? We Don't Need No Stinking Power




Ugh, I'm in the office at 7AM because my entire neighborhood had a power failure. So, rather than have a sweaty fitful remaining sleep where I will miss my alarm, I figured I would come into the cool glory of my office. I'm very proud of myself because I also found my circuit breakers and reset them all by myself. Now, to find work that can justify me coming in 2 hours early...

The power better be back on this evening because 95 degrees outside means 105 in my apartment. Plus, I am testing for my orange belt this evening so I'll need a cool place to recover. I was pretty confident until class last night. It turns out I had memorized the Korean numbers wrong, inverting 8 and 9. Plus, I thought my forms were pretty perfect but as I ran them, the instructor had a couple flaws for me to correct: forward stance and my inside block is looking like an uppercut. I'm solid on kicks and self defense. The creed and pledge have been memorized too.

No comments: