Monday, July 09, 2007

Signifying Nothing

This weekend was pretty darn good! I got leave work early on Friday, ordered out for dinner, and had a nice time enjoying my new iPod. Speaking of, I accidentally got a video iPod. Yes, I received the iPod I had ordered but I hadn't fully read the description. Y'see, 3 years ago I spent about $300 on a 40GB regular old iPod. Now, $300 gets you a 30GB video iPod. Ain't technology amazing?

Saturday, I hung out with my fab friend and we went to a nice cookout in JP. For all you worrywarts out there, I have dined on a triple decker's porch and have lived to tell about it. The cookout was a wine crowd so I got to try this wonderful South African chardonnay and sampled barley beer which wasn't as wonderful. The food was delish and the conversation ended up in politics and since most of us are like-minded we just debated about what to be the most outraged about. I tried to take on a Hilary supporter but the election is over a year away and I don't have my passionate talking points. Right now, my passionate talking point is Bloomberg better stay the fuck away.

I didn't have any plans for Sunday since it was supposed to be deathly hot with high humidity. Emphasis on supposed. I had a really nice conversation with a Communist clerk at Trader Joes and since I was a wee bit hungover, I thought to myself as I drove past a Bacon Road, "I wonder if kosher Jews can live there."

No comments: