Thursday, August 02, 2007

Welcome to the Dramadome

Since I have a looming lay-off coming in December, I've been in a morbid mood at work. Last night I came up with the idea of cleaning out my cubicle to head off the inevitable departure. Yeah, I don't want to be a cliche walking out of the office with a box of my cubicle decorations.

So, today I packed everything up and schlepped it out to my car. The receptionist was really alarmed so I explained the above to her. Adding to my morbid mood, I have been asked to stop doing the 1 piece of work I had been assigned for a daily meeting, taking minutes. So, I've asked my boss if I can stop going to the meetings completely because it's a waste of time for me to attend a meeting with nothing for me to do when I could be doing work. I really can't wait to get a new job!

No comments: