Thursday, September 20, 2007
The Agony and the Interminable Waiting
My first choice for a job possibility sent me an email this weekend letting me know that I'm a strong candidate and they are planning on making an offer Wednesday (yesterday).
What did I do yesterday? Obsessively check my email and my cell. Still nothing. I tried calling my company contact this morning and I got his voicemail. I'm telling myself that I'm not getting the job but until I hear officially there's a naive glimmer of hope.
I also got a kiss off from my third choice job Monday. So, if this is the kiss off week, I won't have a first or third choice. Just a second choice. Rather than banking on one job, I'll need to go through a whole new round of applications and interviews.