Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sleeping With Kitty

The whole open door sleeping habit has gone really well. Rasputin knows my habits so he just wakes me up around 5:30/6:00 and sometimes on weekends lets me sleep in until 8.

When I fall asleep, he's usually on the bed either snuggled in the crook of my arm or at the foot of the bed gazing out the window. He's always somewhere else when I wake up. I had assumed he got out of my way once I'm asleep because I'm a restless sleeper. This morning, I dicovered who really is the restless sleeper.

I didn't feel like getting up (thanks to my allergy medication) when Ras jumped on my bed. So, I didn't move and opened my eyes enough to see through my eyelashes. I was lying on my side with my bottom arm stretched out on the bed. This is what Ras did. First, he tried to wake me with a nose lick and paw face push. I played asleep. He lay down across my arm curled up against me. Then, he didn't like that position so he rolled around on his back with his head on my pillow and tried to use my face as his own pillow. That knocked him out for a while but my breathing ultimately bothered him so he turned around again, put his butt in my face and fell asleep with his head hanging off the side of the bed. When I woke up again, he was curled up against my knees. Gee, who's the restless sleeper, buddy?

No comments: