Monday, December 17, 2007

Been Caught Parking

and I got TOWED! For the first time in the six years I've lived here, my car got towed in a snow emergency. Sadly, I didn't know we had a parking ban yesterday and since I had parked a block over, I only found out my car was towed this morning.

There is nothing like that sinking feeling as the spot where you left your car comes into view and its empty. I was able to get my car out of the tow lot for $130. This is the straw that has broken my back about my apartment. On street parking only and utilities not included are just some of the headaches I've dealt with. Oh yeah, I have oil heat. Living here isn't getting any cheaper! So, I am resolved. I'm going to save up enough money to find a new place this spring - hopefully in Waltham. I'm not picky. I just need off street parking, cat friendly and utilities included.

What burns my bacon is the fact that I parked a block over so my own street would be clear for plows. None of my neighbors parked elsewhere so we still have swaths of snow and ice that a plow could have taken care of if it wasn't for a parked car. I got screwed by trying to be conscientious. Bah!

No comments: