Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tuesdays are never my best days. They are my mental Mondays. I will limit my ranting and raving to three topics. I hate the program my chorus is singing, managers who don't value employees' time and ice.

Last night was chorus rehearsal. Our concert is next week and some pieces are in pretty shabby shape. I skipped last week's rehearsal because I didn't feel like attending. I have skipped a bunch of rehearsals this season some for legitimate reasons and others for the "Eh, why bother?" feeling I get as rehearsal time approaches. To prove to myself and to the conductor last night, I went without music for most of the rehearsal. I did mess up a couple times but nothing hugely awful. The fact that I was able to go without music where I have missed 50% of the rehearsals made me more disgusted with our program. The music is so mundane and simple (we have 3 pieces from last year and 3 musical pieces). The Soprano Diva was in fine form last night. She complained about sitting next to someone because they were "tone deaf". My reaction: bitch please and takes one to know one. The woman she was complaining about, I have sat next to and she is not tone deaf at all. This poor woman had to endure Diva's corrections all rehearsal long. Also this season I have noticed a level of nastiness from the conductor that is really off-putting. The joy and excitement I used to feel from chorus rehearsals has disappeared. I don't know whether it's me or the chorus itself. But I paid my 07-08 dues so I'll stick it out.

Today, I had a scheduled meeting at 8:30AM with a random manager. I had no idea the agenda of the meeting. I just knew it was at 8:30 in the cafeteria. I was worried about forgetting the meeting so all weekend long I reminded myself and picked out my outfit because somehow I had convinced myself that this is the meeting where I'm informed that I will be permanently hired. I went to bed early last night and got up early this morning. 8:30AM I was in the cafeteria and waited 15 minutes. No one showed up. I went back to my cubicle to call the manager. He hadn't noticed the meeting location and apologized profusely. The meeting has to be rescheduled for next week. So, not only was I peeved about wasting my time. It became obvious it wasn't my "You're going perm" meeting so I was also bitterly disappointed.

Finally, I live on a hill and no sand or salt truck has been by in the past 48 hours. Nothing wakes you up in the morning more than shuffling along a sheet of ice on an incline. During the winter, I can't wait to move out of my apartment. Summers also. Basically, my apartment is only good for two seasons.

No comments: