Tuesday, February 12, 2008

38 applications in 4 Days

The job hunt has been going fairly well. I'm going for quantity to try to maximize my interview conversion rate. Last fall, for every 7 applications I got an interview. Hopefully, I can keep up the same rate this winter!

This past week of work has been a complete joke. All I do 9 to 5 is look for jobs. My supervisor hasn't shown her face yet. I'm having a contest to see if she'll avoid contact with me all week. Considering that she didn't have the balls to let me go face to face or give me any feedback in 3 months, I bet she has conflict avoidance issues.

The worst part of having no feedback from the company is that I have no idea what the hell happened. Was the job never going perm or was I just not the right fit? I also have stupid insecurities that I wasn't smart enough or didn't get up the learning curve fast enough. Just a word to the wise to fellow job hunters, if you are interviewing for a role that is supposed to revamp systems or change processes and the company is a hierarchical monstrosity, you won't be able to change jack in your first couple months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a shame that you didnt see this coming. theres always a chance that there were flags, but you never know when you are new. theres a chance that the role was never meant to be perm, or that it just wsnt a good fit, or the economy, internal budgets or a million things. but i really doubt that it has any thing to do with your capabilities. you have an MBA!!
try to hit up hr for some feedback, because you are better off knowing rather than not knowing- and this way you will know that it has nothing to do with you. and surely they would know the reason.
also, see if you can get an exit interview