Friday, February 08, 2008

Laid Off AGAIN

Today, February 8, 2008 at 2:20PM I got a phone call from my staffing rep telling me that my company doesn't want to hire me permanently and my last day will be Feb. 15. Yes, you read that correctly, I was given a week's notice after 3 months of being patient and hoping to go perm. And yes, not a single manager had the balls to tell me to my face. I had to get a phone call.

After some hysterical crying and phone calls to family, I went home early to plan my course of action. All the business cards I collected from my job search last fall, I kept and I sent out a barrage of emails soliciting help or leads. I'm going to be okay for the rest of the month financially. Thank goodness February is a 5 Friday month! So much for my big plans once I went perm.

This weekend I'll be the bitter wobbly drunk at the Wine Expo. If you hear, "Temp to perm, go fuck yourself." that's me.

1 comment:

Jeff Cutler said...

THAT BLOWS! I'm so sorry for your issues. If I can help in any way, let me know.

Jeff

My credentials are at ideas2words.com if you think I can help professionally.