Saturday, February 09, 2008

My Pet, My Friend


It is amazing how intuitive Rasputin can be. I might even say psychic. For the first time in months Rasputin was waiting in the window for me when I came home early from work all red eyed and bitter. He was a very good boy all day. I left out a bag of Sargento's cheese while I prepared dinner. I was sitting in the living room when I look over to see Rasputin walking into the room, Sargento's bag in his mouth! He does love his cheese.

Last night the enormity of my situation hit me so I had a little cry. Rasputin was lying next to me in bed. I swear this actually happened. I was lying on my left side and as I put my hand down on the bed, he licked it and held it for a while. We fell asleep holding hands. Aww!! Granted, he probably licked off my tears but still... If I didn't have him, I would be certifiable by now.

1 comment:

Jeff Cutler said...

Similar tracks

OK, I'm writing this like a blog post on Bowl of Cheese and list out the things I think of when I hear about your predicament.

Here goes...

Cats are great. Even the ones that are no longer kittens. Dogs are cool too, but oh so dumb.

I too finished my job on Friday, but I chose to do so. One thing that might help is an effort to see this freedom...no matter how it happened...as a new opportunity. OK, that sounds like PC crap, but it could help you wrap your head around the inequity of it all.

Wine is a great motivator. OK, not really. But wine is great. Enjoy the expo. If you're really smart you would bring hidden thermoses and fill them as you go from booth to booth. THEN you'll at least have an apartment full of wine for the next few weeks.

It was sunny in Cambridge today. No, I'm not from Cambridge, but all the cool kids are from the city and I figure seeing the sun is a sign of new things to come like spring and happiness and change.

I hope this change ends up being a good one that works for you.

Jeff