Sunday, February 10, 2008

Alcohol and Anti-Depressants, A Discovery

I've been on Celexa for almost 3 years and have had great results and absolutely no side effects. I've also haven't heeded the no alcohol stipulation for ant-depressants. For almost 3 years, that hasn't mattered. It kinda makes sense since I started drinking to relieve anxiety and my medication is a SSRI which is an anxiety reliever.

Yet, I have never been drinking while on medication when I was under a tremendous amount of external pressure which feeds into my whole anxiety loop. I found out today, in the middle of thousands of people drinking wine that the thin thread that I am hanging onto thanks to the whole second lay-off in 3 months, disappears if I have alcohol in my system. I learned a lot and enjoyed drinking new wine but I felt like ripping my skin to shreds or plopping down in the middle of the Expo bawling. Of course, my anxiety wasn't helped when I spied a couple former high school classmates and tried to move away muttering, "Oh shit, oh shit..." Yeah nothing makes one feel better than bumping into former classmates and having this to say, "Oh me? Nothing much, just gotten laid off. Oh yeah, I'm thousands of dollars in debt for an MBA degree that doesn't seem to help me find a job."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you poor thing. its awful to loose your job. i understand the use of the 3 months temp initially, for both the employer and emloyee but if a company only wants a temp they should say that upfront. best of luck with the job search. you have had a bad run, so you are due for some good luck.