Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wine Expo Pictorial



The expo was basically one awesome wine after another. The only bad wines I had were a Rosemount cabernet that was corked and a South Africa pinotage that tasted to me like drinking alcoholic bleu cheese. Lenz German wines were a complete dream. Some wines we tried just because of the names like 3 Blind Moose. Gnarly Head, Little Red Truck, and Twisted Zin. Spanish and Portuguese wines were amazing too. I also reacquainted myself with roses. The New York vineyards were surprisingly good like Swedish Hill and Ravenswood. We started out pretty strong jumping in on tasting Syrahs but after time, we found out starting with whites was a bit milder and helped us taste the whole array white to reds. Table after table, we drank good wine and a lot of it is a blur now. Luckily we got free swag. Not at the expo was the wine we drank the night before, Bohemian. A cool trend I noticed at the expo is that several vineyards are going organic/green. Organic wines have definitely a lighter taste (fewer sulfates in the process).

It's a sip swirl, sniff and spit (or dump out glass) but still I think over th 4 hours we were there we drank at least 4 glasses of wine. Thank goodness for free snacks and water! Towards the end, with aching feet and head I was wined out loading up on carbs and drinking water.






No comments: