Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Job, It Stinks

Over a month here and I have run out of energy trying spin this job positively. Bottom-line it is awful. The pay isn't too spectacular. The work doesn't require a full-time person. The commute I have already complained about. My boss is disorganized, slow, and scattered. Managers around here are short-tempered and shouty.

The straw the broke my back was the other day. I know the little work I am given requires a great deal of attention to detail so I am working really hard to triplecheck my work. Satisfied, I sent an update to my boss saying all done. She sent a message back saying I had missed a step and have to really start paying attention more. I could feel my face turning magenta with rage. I knew I hadn't missed the step and that she was wrong. So I spent a couple minutes in my cubicle until I could slap on a politely confused look. It turns out she was looking at the wrong screen - oops! The rest of the day I wasted resending emails I had sent her last week because she needed updates on a project. It would be nice if she had actually read her email.

So, I contacted my staffing agency and asked for a new assignment. There are two possibilities with a much shorter commute. Hopefully, I'll be outta here soon!

No comments: