Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Catching Up

Friday night turned out to be all kinds of awesome thanks to Jenny for allowing me to host a Mary Kay party at her place. I met a bunch of wonderful gals and sold some merchandise too. By the way, I guess I think a sexy look = vomiting up a boulder look. Ironically enough that night I discovered that drinking tequila and wine in one night will lead to hours on the edge of vomiting. I did discover a new sign of impending puking for me. Excessive salvia production. I think the actual act of swallowing that stuff triggers vomiting.

Saturday was a bit bleary. My tummy was still a bit hit or miss so I caught up on TiVo and watched the season finale of season 1 for The Tudors. It was sheer perfection. Violence, sex, intrigue, and Catholic bashing. Saturday night, I picked up one of our favorite wines and watched Pride and Prejudice with Megg. Upon rewatch, now as an adult rather than a dreamy teen, that movie has a ton of hidden meaning and significance. Making fun of Jane turned out to be a fun past-time as we totally MST3ked the movie.

Sunday was full of errands and a visit to the parents. Trader Joes has this deadly delicious flourless chocolate cake that I basically inhaled over the weekend. I took yesterday off to meet with a couple staffing reps and battled a migraine/sinus headache all day. You know it's pretty bad when you can feel your brain sloshing around in your skull and each slosh kills.

Weekend nerd reactions: the new Battlestar episode didn't explain anything but there was abundant coolness like Baltar halucinating himself and the cylon massacre. It was nice to see Captain John back on Torchwood and the backround of the whole team but Ianto's story was lame squared. Plus, it didn't really explain the whole Lisa plot. Why didn't Sims University build in woohoo influence? Ever since I found out they have released an Intel patch for the Sims 2, I am amazed how well the game runs on my computer!

No comments: