Friday, June 06, 2008

Broadway in Boston 2008-9 WTF?

I got the new program for Broadway in Boston's new season and it is so horrible, I'm only going to get tickets to one show. Here's the lineup:

- A Chorus Line: I'm not nostalgic enough to see this
- Brigadoon: did it in high school so I would be constantly distracted
- Legally Blonde: you must be kidding me...
- Nice Work if You Can Get It: yeah, I'm not getting roped into yet another pre-Broadway engagement
- Frost Nixon: sounds interesting but it's before my time so I don't get the drama
- Dirty Dancing: my God no
- A Bronx Tale: didn't like the movie. Why see it on-stage?
- Spring Awakening: I'm definitely going. NPR did a great piece on this show.

My other gripe about the upcoming season is that only one show is at the Opera House, everything else is at the Colonial. The colonial has the most uncomfortable seats in existence so the only way I can endure a show in that venue is to be completely transported and enraptured. Yeah, that' ain't going to happen a lot this coming year!

No comments: