Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Seven Years

Today has been pretty ho hum until a couple minutes ago when I noticed the date. I am so happy and proud of myself that today wasn't a big deal. Seven years ago I had a stroke. Sometimes I still can't believe it. What have I been doing the past seven years besides recovering?

1. Living on my own in 2 different apartments

2. Holding down four different jobs

3. Becoming a Jew

4. Receiving an MBA

5. Becoming a cat owner

6. Learning Tae Kwon Do up to orange belt level

7. Losing 6 dress sizes and gaining most of it back

8. Being happy, confident, and at home with who I am

In a twisted way, I am a bit grateful that I had a stroke. I never knew how strong or loved I was before it. Plus, it helped weed out a lot of unhealthiness in my life. I hope that surviving a stroke has made me more patient and empathetic. Plus, on my list of 8, the majority are really positive steps! Hopefully the next seven years will double my list with a bunch more happy/positive accomplishments. Also, having a stroke gives you a good perspective on life. When bad things happen to me, I weigh them on the horrible stuff that has happened to me spectrum. Nothing has even come within the realm of having a stroke bad.

No comments: