Monday, September 01, 2008

Long Weekend

Hello everyone! I hope all of you had an awesome weekend (despite hellishly high pollen count). My weekend kicked a lot of ass:

Friday - I had an hour massage. I am one of those people who is always on the brink of pain during a massage. It's like, "Ooh, that's doing something. Does it hurt? Maybe if I breathe through it, I'll relax." Even though I am still sore days afterwards, I think the massage was pretty good. Also, I purchases a bunch of tops online from Old Navy. They arrived on Friday and every one fit and looked awesome on me. Score! For dinner, I grilled a very yummy (and hot) tandoori chicken recipe.

Saturday - I got my hair done. The top is much shorter and I'm happy. Also, I started a Jane Austen reading spree this weekend. I finished Persuasion Saturday. My goodness, it was SO GOOD! I almost like it better than Pride and Prejudice. The characters were so real and the humor and compassion for any foibles was just the right dose. Also, the letter at the end? I squealed like a schoolgirl.

Sunday - I bought a new mattress thanks to Mattress Giant having a huge sale. I was able to stay within budget but of course the first mattress I loved cost $700. Great taste, huh? Then, I went to a fabulous cookout hosted by Sarah and Bodhi.

Monday - the mattress est arrivé and I have moved onto Mansfield Park.

No comments: