Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sudden Onset Sinus Infection

Last Friday my nose suddenly started running in the middle of the afternoon at work. By the time I got home, my entire head was congested. I guess a neti pot can fight off sinus problems only for so long.

Saturday was hellish with aches sweats, shivers, and tremendous sinus pressure. It's like my sinuses were saving themselves for a year for the mother of all infections. That or going a year helped wipe my memory how awful this can be. I loaded up on vitamin C and chicken soup. I spent all day on the sofa catching up on "How I Met Your Mother". A surprisingly good show! My poor nose was raw by bedtime.

Today, I bought Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain medication. My goodness, I can't believe how well the medication works! Sinus pressure is gone and I am decongesting like no one's business. Sadly, my ears are pretty plugged up but I still have the neti pot to help.

So, the moral of the story is that don't let a cold linger untreated and being sick on a weekend SUCKS!

No comments: