Saturday, October 04, 2008

This Apartment is Clean



Today, I shipped off all my Mary Kay inventory as my final step for quitting the biz. On the up side, I'll get 90% retail price back. Mary Kay was nice when my job situation was up in the air and I really do believe that they have quality products. But I simply don't have the time, energy or space to continue selling Mary Kay part time with a full-time job. Plus, I bet fewer and fewer people will have enough disposable income to splurge on Mary Kay. There were a couple things that I didn't like about the organization:

1. Weekly meetings are glazed eyed Kool Aid drinkers gatherings. Plus, you aren't supposed to wear pants. A skirt or dress is recommended. Yes, it is the 21st century . I was in a sorority and we didn't even have that ridiculous dress code!

2. The minimum inventory requirements are insane. If I just wanted to order a single item for my inventory, I had to buy an extra $200-worth of inventory to actually get the Mary Kay discount. I blame Mary Kay for my enormous credit card debt.

Luckily getting out is as easy as getting in. Just a phone call, some forms, and shipping inventory back. I didn't get any guilt or begging from my sponsor and chapter director thank goodness.

I really do like their products so I'll probably become a customer. The Timewise line is absolutely amazing. My skin hasn't felt any better. Plus, their makeup is top notch. I love their foundation, mineral eye shadow, and lip gloss.

No comments: