Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Amazing Generosity

Wow, being laid off now is so much different than the last time I was laid off. It's a mixed bag of positives (a lot of people in the same boat so less social stigma) and negatives (filing unemployment takes forever). I'd like to focus on particular positive. I lost my health insurance so I had to cancel an upcoming dentist appt. Check out this email I got from my dentist's office:

"Good Morning Anna,
We understand in this economy we all need to work together.
I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I spoke with Dr. XXX
and in our efforts to keep you not only happy but healthy, he'd like to
offer this one time fee of $ 50.00 to come in and have your teeth
cleaned.
Kindly let me know if this would work for you, and if so please feel
free to call to set up an appointment to accommodate your schedule.

Sincerely,"

Isn't that amazingly awesome? It is so appreciated and generous.

No comments: