Monday, March 23, 2009

Packing, Cleaning, Applying, Rinse and Repeat

This is my last week in my good old apartment. I've been living here for almost 7 years so there is a lot of cleaning and packing needed! Murphy's Oil liquid soap is an amazing cleanser BTW. The dining room was thoroughly cleaned today with parts of my living room. In the next two days, I will be cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom. Then, on Thursday it's my bedroom and the rest of the living room. I'm moving Friday morning thanks to these guys. They have an excellent rate and rave reviews from yelp so we'll see how it goes!

In the midst of all this work, I am still looking for a job. I had heard that it was bad out there but man... Even those lame sales job offers that used to be blasted through Monster, are not being sent out. I haven't had a single interview or call back yet. I don't think it's time to panic yet - it has been only a month but come May, I will be in full panic mode if I've had no leads.

Rasputin is being moved a day earlier than I so he can get used to our new home before the madness starts. Right now he's a bit overwhelmed by all the boxes and clean new smells. I'm not a complete scrub but this place hasn't been thoroughly cleaned for a while so lots of dust bunnies, cat hair, and grime. I better get most of my security deposit back!

No comments: