Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall 2010 TV


I tried a couple new shows like The Event, Hawaii 5-0, and Mike & Molly. The only show I will be watching regularly is Hawaii 5-0. I don't know if it's age or the advent of DVRs but my patience and attention has plummeted for TV shows (and movies). If I'm not hooked within the first 10 - 15 minutes, DELETE!

I didn't watch Hawaii 5-0 back when it was on TV because I wasn't alive but I do remember my grandparents watching re-runs when I was little. What kept my attention of the new reboot show? I am a very simple nerdy girl therefore this guy:

Yup, fellow Buffy nerds that is Spike and he had a fairly pivotal role in the pilot episode. I have to say, I like his dark natural curly hair. For more nerd casting fun, Grace Park (Boomer from BSG) and Daniel Dae Kim (Jin from Lost) are on the show. Also for those of you who fell in love with the cheesy romance of Moonlight (it was before Twilight and True Blood when there was actually a vampire dearth on TV), Alex O'Loughlin is on the show too

I wanted to like The Event because I think Jason Ritter is a very likable actor and they are saying the show is Lost-like. My goodness, it is completely not like Lost! First off, Lost had a riveting pilot episode that made sense. The Event did not because they used flashbacks too much so the storyline had no logical flow. One scene is 7 days ago, the next scene is 3 months ago, the next is yesterday. WTF?

Mike & Molly is exactly what I dreaded - an entire sitcom built around fat jokes and fat stereotypes. I held out hope because I like the actors and writers but within ten minutes I was done.

I have jettisoned some shows I used to like and a couple are on a precipice. I liked Parenthood last season but I haven't enjoyed the new episodes and I had a realization why. All the characters are assholes. Lie to Me is gone too because Cal has eaten the whole show. Adios Supernatural because last season was barely watchable and the season premiere kept up that pattern. Private Practice isn't soapy fun anymore but I might casually watch some episodes online when I'm bored. Life Unexpected shook up the basic plotline so much, the fallout can be pretty interesting. Plus Baze is dreamy.

No comments: