Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 2 New Job

This new position has been pretty awesome so far! I really like the people I work with and the job location. It is in a totally new industry so these first couple of weeks, I am learning and shadowing people. After last week, I have a tenuous grasp on the department's function. It's the kind of job that requires at least 10 hours a day, lots of coffee, and a sense of humor. Once I have firmer footing, I bet I will enjoy it a lot!

I have been getting up to speed on the caffeine. Today I hit a new upper limit of caffeine intake where I felt like I was outside of everyone's time stream. You know that Futurama episode where Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee? That was me.

I got to show off my sense of humor today by observing the somewhat blue terminology that has spiced up my training. Left and right, "fuck" is thrown about throughout the day. It is very bad for me to know those gates can be open because I have a potty mouth. Another co-worker asked if swearing was okay and I replied, "Fuck yeah."

The only difficulty has been getting my work stamina back. I am exhausted at the end of each day. Ironically, my energy is better in the morning! So, I am blaming the early darkness for sapping my energy.

No comments: