Monday, May 02, 2011

No, I Did Not Get in a Bar Fight


This first photo is my left ankle which suddenly developed horrible bruising and swelling a week after my South Station fall. Weirdly enough, I thought I had hurt my right ankle! There was a lot of pain for the first week and now it has gotten yellower. The pain is more like a dull throb. I didn't go to the doctor because I have crappy insurance. Getting my knee checked cost me $400 back in February (Orthopedist, x-ray and lost work hours). Since I'm mobile, it can't be that bad, right?



This hand slicing is courtesy of Stella. On the up side, it helps distract from my ankle! Yeah, Stella doesn't like getting her claws clipped. I tried the whole wrap in towel thing which set off her beserker rage. Rasputin came running to help defend his mama. Good boy! I was dripping in blood and it seemed to take forever to clot (gotta love an aspiring regimen). I have a ton of scratching items for cats and I hope using those will keep her claws under control. It's that or being sedated by the vet.

No comments: