Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Titration Sucks Donkey Gonads


The past couple of days I have been out of commission. Why? Because I entered week 2 of taking Lamotrigine. Week 2 is when I had to double my dosage by taking two pills a day (50 mg). I tried one in the morning and one before bed. I felt really gross so I did one in the morning and one after dinner. Day 3 I stayed in bed wracked with nausea, crying jags, dizziness, and utter exhaustion. Hands down it was the worst side effects I've ever had on any medication. Basically, every warning in the pill pamphlet came true. I finally got up and nibbled on something at 7:00 PM. Thank goodness I have an appointment with my medication doc this week! 50 mg ain't my speed. Unfortunately, I don't think 25 mg is considered therapeutic so I'm worried if my meds will be changed. Thank goodness that I'm unemployed so these experiments in brain chemistry have minimal impact!

No comments: