Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nine Months of Dealing With This Crap

Back in January this happened:


The crash did this to my body:



I've had 3 sets of x-rays, countless doctor's appointments, months of physical therapy, prescriptions up the wazoo, and lots of pain.  The first injury I focused on was my neck.  It was beyond whiplash.  I had nerve damage and muscle problems.  That was my physical therapy from February to May.  Then I was still dealing with pain and mobility issues.   Back to physical therapy in July.  The focus was relieving pain, muscle spasms, and strengthening my right shoulder muscles.  I am also getting trigger point injections in my upper back.  The one injury that didn't get better or respond to physical therapy was my chest.  I remember that being the first excruciating pain I felt after impact.  I remember crying after seeing that horrible bruise on my body.  So, yet another doctor's appointment.  My doctor believes that my upper ribs were ripped off my sternum with the impact of the accident.  The recovery period is years but it's an injury I will have to deal with the rest of my life.  

First off, I have to say that I am grateful I was able to walk away from this accident but I am also angry as hell.  I don't have a regular job or good health insurance so I don't have the luxury of resting and recovering.  Where was I as my unanchored ribs throbbed in my chest?  At my desk at work.  What happened to my pain killer prescriptions?  I can only take 1 pill at night because I need to work in the morning.  What do I do if I'm having a bad day and everything is throbbing?  Grit my teeth and go to work.  My entire life has been painfully upended because some stupid 81 year old who did not see a red light.  I am also paying off a car that I can't afford thanks to this senile jackass.  I wish I didn't have to deal with pain on a daily basis or have yet another thing I will have to struggle with the rest of my life.  I also wish old farts would stop driving and endangering others.






No comments: