Friday, January 18, 2013

Sayonara Unemployment!

Things I Won't Miss from Being Unemployed:

  1. Waking up at 2:00 AM panicked about finances.
  2. The decision between gas or groceries each week.
  3. Not knowing how to afford heating my apartment.
  4. Cutting my own hair.
  5. Cruising craigslist trying to convince myself I could do X job.
  6. Showing up empty handed to birthdays or Christmas
  7. Being contacted by skeezy placement firms who have never read my resume
  8. Dealing with the workforce development office or medical security program
  9. Asking my parents for money.
  10. No time to recover from illness or injuries.
  11. Past due bills.
  12. Feeling like a failure.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I have been unemployed three times in the past 10 yrs, so almost all of your points hit home. There were really low moments.

I did - however, make of list of things I did while unemployed I could not do when working. doctors appts at 11am, making lunch for my Mom, doing volunteer work and my all time favorite - afternoon naps!

Good luck in your new adventure!