Wednesday, January 02, 2013

This Is How to Start a New Year


I came into work this morning after a glorious four day weekend.  The plan was that I would work a partial day and leave for a non-profit job interview in the afternoon.  This was interview #2 with a round robin of various managers so I was a little stressed out and nervous.

After I came back from a meeting with my manager, I had an email from the temp company’s talent acquisition representative.  Oh yeah, I had a job interview last week at temp company.  It was interview #2.  I also had a horrible cold last week with only one nostril open, coughing, runny nose, and chills.  Needless to say, I wasn’t quite as pulled together as usual for that interview.  But that kind of helped my nerves.  When the focus is breathing, you kind of have no way to overthink things.

Well, God bless germs or my sparkling personality or Mucinex because I GOT THE JOB!!!  Yes, after four years of unemployment and occasional temp work,  I finally will have a job with benefits, vacation days, and paid sick days.  I am also going to be making the highest salary I have yet to earn!

So, how is 2013 shaping up compared to 2012?  Well, January 2012 I was in a car accident that totaled my car and injured me severely.  January 2013 I got a full-time permanent job.  It’s just the second full day of the year.  I can’t wait to see what is in store for the next 363 days!

No comments: