Monday, August 13, 2018

Laid Off...Agains

It was a nice four years wasn’t it? I guess I am technically graduating, huh? Around noon today the analyst group director asked me to come with him to a meeting. He was very somber and deflected when I asked if everything was all right. I was lead into a room with the department deputy director who had an envelope in front on herself. She calmly greeted me and I knew. I totally knew what was coming down the pike. I’ve done this dance before. The upshot is my department is being reorganized and my job was identified for elimination. I’m getting a month’s severance.
I was calm and started muttering “Oh God, this again?” then there were tears. The group director got weepy too. The deputy director told me how talented I am and offered to help me land on my feet. I asked if I needed to leave immediately. I did. I said farewell to my fellow analysts and coworkers. They helped me pack my boxes and I went home.
I’m just completely stunned and sad. My plan is feel my feelings for the next couple of days and then buckle down on job applications.

No comments: