Tuesday, August 21, 2018

My New Job

Every morning I wake up at 8:30 and over my first cup of coffee, I browse the job alerts I've received. For the next 3 to 5 hours, I submit job applications. I try to get outside at least once and talk to someone beyond my cats and roommate daily. The routine isn't too bad. After talking with my therapist to develop pre-bedtime rules, I am sleeping a lot better. Also, I got a tip from a friend that calcium and magnesium helps with sleep so that's my backup.

Since I"m home a lot more, I am noticing the cat interactions.  During the day, Stella and Shauna sleep in my room basically hiding from Phil. He is just very enthusiastic and his version of playing is ambushing them by jumping on their back. I'm hoping the aggressive play will die down once he is fixed. He's a goofy, lovable fluff who crawls all over me as I'm lying in bed at night.


Emotionally, I"m pretty good. My family and friends are keeping in touch and my spirits up. My old co-workers text me several times a week. Financially, I"m okay. It's going to be interesting to interview without the money panic fueling me. Maybe it will make me a better interviewee?


No comments: