Sunday, December 02, 2018

STUFF!

I started taking ACE inhibitors along with diuretics for my blood pressure Nov. 8.  On Nov. 23 I had to go to the E.R. I had really bad heart racing/palpitations and dizziness. They only happened once or twice a day in the week preceding but on the 23rd, I had a dozen in a row just sitting down quietly in the living room. My roommate was away visiting her family so since I was alone, I texted my brother who took me to the E.R. I get really upset every time I need to go to the hospital because it's scary and I have bad memories from my stroke.  I was hooked up to an EKG, gave blood, and urine. After about 3 hours, my heart wasn't acting weird and everything looked fine so I was sent home with instructions to get an appointment with my doctor and stop drinking coffee. My theory is that I had a bad reaction to ACE inhibitors. My father is allergic to them and vasodilators can cause palpitations. Giving up coffee has been so painful. I usually have 1 to 2 cups a day but that kept me going man... My doctor and I talked about the situation. I'm now on calcium channel blockers and as long as I can go 5 days with no heart weirdness, I can go back to drinking coffee. December 5 is my potential Coffee Day.

Stella has had a bunch of bad days last week but seems to be rallying even though she has lost a ton of weight. She eats, pees, poops, and runs around like normal but mainly she sleeps. I just want her to be comfortable and take the dying decision out of my hands. I just don't have the bandwidth to put another one of my pets to sleep. You know?

You know My Pillows? I got one about a year ago and loved it. But over time it's novelty wore off. I had the darnedest time getting comfortable. Plus my back and neck had been hurting.  Then I stayed at a Marriott hotel for a family wedding. Oh my goodness, I woke up feeling like I slept on a cloud. Their pillows are fantastic. Now, I'm a proud owner of a Pacific Coast down pillow and am sleeping like I'm in heaven.

There is possible forward movement on the job front. Just cross your fingers and send good mojo! Also, here is a picture of my grandmother in her twenties, me in my forties, and my grandmother in her eighties. Definitely not adopted.


No comments: