Monday, February 04, 2019

2019 A Lot

My parents are going to be moving out of the house they have lived in for decades. They have lined up a potential buyer of the house who is being very understanding about a move out timeline.  They have found an apartment in a senior community that meets their needs.  Over the next several months, I’m going to need to help with the keep/purge process. In terms of stuff, I think I have dolls, an old oboe, and a karaoke machine, and clothes remaining. My parents? Holy Jesus. My dad is a borderline hoarder so good luck with that! They are both very excited and relieved to move to the next chapter of their lives. I’m excited for them and slightly sad to say goodbye to my childhood home. It’s odd that even though I have so many painful memories that happened in the house, it was home and I’ll miss it. Ironically, my roommate’s parents are moving as well from PA to MO to be near her sister.



This past Saturday, I brought home a two month old tuxedo kitten I adopted from the Animal Rescue League of Boston. Her name is Seraphina, Fi Fi, for short. It all happened in a week! A friend shared a post about a rescue litter being fostered. I contacted the foster mom, we met the litter, and fell in love with Fi Fi. She is doing so great. We had a safe room all ready for her. We let Shanna look into the carrier when we first brought her home. No hissing, no growling from either. Just neutral curiosity. I parked her in the safe room and let her out to explore. Phil was really curious so I left the door open. He hissed, growled, and ran away. Fi Fi looked startled but didn’t care. She chowed on her food.



I left the safe room door open. Phil settled across the hall just observing her. She sat across from him snoozing in her carrier. After a while, she came out to explore. Her main exploration room was the living room. She enjoyed all the toys and scratching posts. Phil got a little too close to her liking. All 1.5 lbs of her hissed and growled at him, he backed off. Ohh karma is a bitch Phil, huh? She is very chill, curious, and confident. Phil and her had several run-ins when she scared him off.  I made sure to play with him and give him loving. She slept with me overnight basically in my armpit. When she’s bored of sleeping, she nibbles on my arm.



This morning Phil and Fi Fi were a lot more relaxed around each other and were kind of playing. She is the perfect addition to our feline family. I’m so happy!

No comments: