Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Really Great Vacation!

I took two days before Labor Day weekend off from work. In those two days, I had my new Tempur Pedic mattress delivered, rested, relaxed, and rewatched Avengers: Endgame.  The movie is great and makes a lot more sense on rewatch. There is a lot of emotional baggage for me because it was the first movie I went to after my dad died. I basically sat in the movie theater weeping throughout most of it. Second time around, some misty moments but a lot more together. The new mattress took a couple days to get used to. I had been sleeping on a mushy sagging Bobopedic for two years so actually having my neck and spine supported felt strange. I just woke up with sore pressure points but that resolved over time.
Saturday, my roommate, brother, and I headed out to Nantasket beach. I wasted a lot of mental energy planning, thinking up what ifs, and worrying beforehand. It was bonkers. What if we won’t be able to find parking? What if my new car can’t handle three people plus beach gear driving to Hull? What if high tide takes up so much beach, there is nowhere to sit. The weather forecast looked too cool. My brother and I had some miscommunications about timing which stressed me out. But guess what? Everything worked out fine. We found parking, got a beach spot, and had a ton of fun. I can’t really lie out with my skin tone so I tried to be in the water as much as possible. The waves were pounding in and I got to shoulder deep water. During beach breaks I reapplied sunscreen stayed under a hat and coverup. Once dry and hot enough, back to the sea! My favorite game is diving under when a huge wave crashed over and resurfacing somewhere. We listened to Sirius yacht rock to and from – which made the trip exponentially more fun.  When we got home, I only had burns in random areas that were missed by swipes of sunscreen.  My poor brother’s face was tomato red and my roommate’s upper back was purple emitting enough heat to cook an egg.
Overall, this was a perfect vacation for where I’m at. Maybe next year I’ll take a whole week!

No comments: