Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back at Work and Up Two Pounds

I tried to go to sleep early last night but had such a hard time winding down, I took some sleeping pills. Usually, I try to avoid taking sleeping pills because they make my morning very hazy despite the amount of caffeine I inhale. Today, I discovered that if you allot more than 8 hours for sleep the take sleeping pills, you can be perkily awake at 7AM. Ah ha! Simply Sleep is my savior.

I blame my weight gain this week on the sweater I'm wearing and Trader Joe's peanut butter/toffee cake. I believe dealing with weight gain can go through stages similar to grief.

1. DENIAL - I didn't gain weight, this store's sizes are screwed up.
2. ANGER - stupid media touting freaks of nature with fast metabolisms as the "norm"!
3. BARGAINING - if I have this cookie, I will spend every day at the gym
4. DEPRESSION - I will never be skinny. I will always be stuck eating tubs of ice cream in my sweats. Hand me another spoon
5. SHIRKING RESPONSIBILITY - Oh, I'm just big boned/ it's my genes/it's my time of the month.

What kills me is that I gained for the week when I finally got my butt back to the gym. Sigh...

No comments: