Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday's Child is Fair of Face

You know the poem, right:
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is fair and wise and good and gay.

Who knew 10% of the population was born on Sunday? I'm back at work from my long weekend. Within the first half hour back in my cubicle, I found out that a co-worker is going to be let go. She doesn't know yet. Tomorrow a bunch of corporate honchos are visiting and I guess the firing will happen then.

My weekend went very well. The FIOS installation went smoothly and quickly. Unfortunately, my downstairs neighbors were moving at the same time so it was a bit hectic in my building. My landlord acted all put out about the FIOS installation but when I told him that they were only drilling 1 extra hole in his precious apartment, he was fine with it. I have the say the guys who installed were pretty cute and had excellent communication skills. If they disappeared for a bit, one guy made sure to let me know where they were in the installation process. I also got a nifty router so I can go wireless whenever I get an airport card for my iBook. Plus, I can go wireless with my TiVo once I get the adapter. Saturday, I was a homework demon and finished a lot of work. Sunday, Adam actually did show up for movie night but he had to leave early.

My 30th birthday is Nov. 22 this year and I want to throw myself a big party. Sadly, that is the same week as Thanksgiving so I was a little limited in terms of scheduling the bash. I picked Nov. 25 because people will probably be home from the holdiay break by that evening. I'm planning on getting a restaurant to cater and going decorating crazy in my apartment (think balloons, streamers, party hats and a tiara for me). Plus, I will pick up a home karaoke machine as a gift for myself. I love throwing parties and throwing a party for myself will be extra fun!

No comments: