Monday, December 04, 2006

Agent Smith Was Wrong

Humanity isn't a disease, World of Warcraft is! I started playing last Friday even though my iBook barely has enough memory. So far, so good. My brother and his friends are major players so I am in their guild, Ponce de Leon, on the Cho'gall server. Right now, I have three characters:

Seregonna - a level 7 druid Night Elf with herbalism and alchemy skills. She's my main character. My brother has helped me out on a couple quests. Sometimes I get quested out so I focus on building my herbalism skills. My brother knows a lot of Tolkien elvish so he gave me some suggestions for character names. I wanted to try Luthien Seregon but due to game limitations, I went with Seregonna which sounds vaguely like my name.

Sarna - a level 3 warrior Dwarf with undefined skills. I like the dwarf world and the sturdiness of these characters. The sound of them running cracks me up. I've spent most of my time exploring the dwarf world and doing occasional quests. It's getting to the point where I really should pick skills! I'd like to try to get a pet too. Sarn is stone in Elvish.

Karat - a level 2 mage Human with undefined skills. The most boring world ever. I have found out that being a mage sucks if you have no money or skills. I only play this character if I'm bored or feel guilty about neglecting her. I wanted to name her Starbuck but that name was taken so I chose Kara Thrace which was too long hence Karat.

For the past two nights, I have played until 1AM. I dream this game and anything I do during the day is basically delaying my game time. Yup, I've got the WoW sickness.

No comments: