Thursday, February 08, 2007

Crumminess

I had class last night and there are so many people enrolled that if you arrive late, you have to scrounge for a seat. I always arrive early because God forbid that I lose my center row, center seat! Three classes in I had pinpointed a classmate who drives me nuts. I call him Pig Face Asshole. He made a really obnoxious comment about his ex-wife last class. My reaction went something like this: WTF, that is completely TMI, and issues much? Sure enough this loser wound up coming in late to class and ended up sitting next to me. His proximity drove me nuts especially since I could see him working on some other class assignment on his laptop. He's the type of asshole who doesn't do the assignment, skims the readings during discussion, and volunteers a brilliant insight that rewinds the entire discussion 5 minutes then repeats what someone else says. To my everlasting joy, Fabulous Funny woman loathes him as well.

Today, I was asked by the Production Manager to stop attending Quality Control meetings even though he still wants me to help research the data for the Quality Control Manager. He only wants his direct reports attending the meeting - which makes sense. I'm pissed. I get to do the work but not see how it fits into the bigger picture. I guess that's not my right since I'm the Staff Admin Associate. The whole reason why I liked working in Production is that I can see how my work fits into the bigger picture. I guess that doesn't matter. This is why getting an MBA as an Admin totally doesn't work. Sigh...

No comments: