Friday, March 09, 2007

Auto Body Shop to Avoid

After 4 days of no news, I decided to call the auto body shop about my car yesterday. They informed me that my car will be done today and the repairs are $500 more than what my auto insurance had covered. This morning as I was checking my car pick-up time, I was also informed that this particular body shop does not accept credit or debit cards. Therefore to pick up my repaired car I need to:

1) Get a cashiers check from my bank

2)Return my rental (another $300)

3) Pick up my car

All before 4pm today. I can't help but feel like I'm being swindled. They never called me when the repairs went over my insurance coverage. Since the accident isn't my fault, I have no idea why I have to pay my $500 deductible. Just a head's up, avoid West End Auto Body if you'd like timely, honest service.

No comments: