Thursday, March 08, 2007

Update!

My performance review yesterday went fine and I got a 5.67% raise. My boss and I just chatted casually about my career plans (and his too). The feedback I received wasn't too surprising. The main complaint was that my attention to detail needs work. People know I can do the work but the nitty gritty gets glossed over. Which is something I agree with. Woohoo to no surprises! Also, I am such a popularity queen that I was more pleased to hear that everyone loves working with me. It's nice to be liked but it is also nice to know it's mutual. Because seriously my co-workers are AWESOME! Much to my surprise, my boss might be leaving the company or moving to other opportunities at other sites. He told me that the need for a General Manager in our site had been dwindling. Which makes me sad because my boss is awesome.

The other night, I redid my taxes and it turns out I don't owe, I am getting a paycheck's worth refund. Which is deadly now that I know big money is coming my way, I might wind up spending it! At least I know I will have some green for Shecky's Girls Night Out.

I am planning on testing for my yellow belt at the end of the month. I don't necessarily feel ready but I'd like to try. I just need to know 3 types of kicks, 4 blocks, basic form, counting to 10 in Korean, the school creed, and be able to do 75 jumping jacks plus 10 push ups. Not too bad. Tuesday night me and my fellow white belts practiced wrist escapes. My wrist and hand are still bruised and sore. At least I learned one escape that I am weirdly good at. My partner was amazed at how flexible and strong I was.

Last week, I volunteered to help update a spreadsheet for engineering parts. Volunteering for that task has lead to a whole other huge project where I'm turning into the keeper of engineering parts. This is definitely going to test my attention to detail! I'm learning how to read a working BOM - which is kind of cool. I actually used the term "gating item" in conversation today correctly. Slowly but surely, I am turning into a Buyer.

No comments: