Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Fabulous Weekend

With all the stress of this week, I forgot to blog about my brother's visit last weekend. Steve arrived Friday night and we went out for a late dinner. We ordered the beer sampler (4 kinds - 2 light & 2 dark). I didn't care for the chocolate stout but Steve loved it. I loved the tick tock and Irish red. He ordered a burger and I got the lamb kabob. Friday night is always hopping on Moody St. If you don't mind spending a lot of time looking for parking, a late dinner is a good way to avoid restaurant waiting lists. For dessert, we shared the turtle cheesecake. Afterwards, we went back to my place and watched TiVoed episodes of Survivorman.

Saturday morning, I went to forms class then we went grocery shopping at Trader Joes. Steve insisted that I get their Tuscan pane bread since I had never tried it. It is simply delish. When we got back, we made up picnic lunches and ate our lunch along the Charles. I saw "The Birds" when I was 5 so I never feel comfortable around birds. Just our luck, there were a gaggle of geese in the area we picnicked. My brother decided to feed a couple some crumbs. They got really close and wouldn't leave us alone so basically the rest of our lunch I spent moaning, "Make them go away."

After lunch we decided to check out an intriguing toy shop on Moody St: The Construction Site. The store is completely amazing! Browsing through a toy shop with a little brother is the only way to go. They have a ton of toys we used to have. The store has a little stuffed puppet section. Steve and I spent an hour trying on different puppets, coming up with voices and having play puppet fights. Yes, we are 28 and 30. My favorite was the gray rabbit and Steve liked the donkey because he could make it realistically chew. It was really hard leaving the store because the path to the exit goes through aisles with fascinating toys. We discovered anchor stone sets and really cool marble racetracks.

Since we had spent the afternoon regressing, what better place to go than the local liquor store? I got some supplies then we headed back to my place where I introduced Steve to Kiss,Kiss,Bang,Bang aka movie perfection. The visit ended with spending time with the folks. All in all, a great weekend of catching up with my brother.

No comments: