Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Grandma Update

My grandma isn't doing well. She had bronchitis and congestive heart failure so she went back to the rehab hospital which lead to going back to the hospital. Her heart is having problems plus she isn't eating so her blood sugar is screwed up. On top of all this, her doctors suspect that her cancer has spread to her lungs. All this info came in quiet torrents at my cousin's wedding. Quiet because we didn't want to ruin my cousin's day.

I took yesterday off to spend time with Grandma. My mom had spent the night with her. It's either the medication or her body breaking down, but she is really paranoid crazy. Beyond the regular Grandma loopy. I became fascinated with her paranoid ramblings after a while because the story she is concocting in her head would make an interesting book/movie. She ate a little bit and I was able to get her to sip some cranberry juice right before I left. I'm mentally preparing to lose her this summer at the latest. Then, I will be Grandma-less.

No comments: