Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I'm Done

I finished my last MBA course last night at 8:30pm. My group presentation went well and was pretty darn persuasive. I got back a paper I had turned in last week, B-. I wasn't clear on the assignment and didn't realize it had to be a paper, I thought the professor said that we could just answer 7 questions. So, my paper had no flow.

Part of my group presentation was using persuasion techniques to convince the audience. I volunteered to be the pathos since our topic was the importance of music education and I wouldn't be alive if it was for music education. Cool facts: music lessons/involvement increase the amount of gray matter in your brain and strengthens your corpus callosum. Studies have shown that children's brains look structurally different from just 2 years of lessons. Also, musical children do better in school (thanks to a souped up brain).

It was kind of cool to use my stroke for my last class' assignment. Considering 3.5 years ago, I was such a mess that I tried to never mention my stroke and if something happened that made me feel "special" or damaged, I was reduced to a weeping mess. Another cool aspect of last night's class is that one of my classmates helped develop the implant that I have in my heart, that saves my life every day!

No comments: