Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sweating Through The Night

Since the last couple of days have been sunny and in the 80's, my apartment has been cooking. I live on the second floor of a duplex so whatever the temp is outside, it is 10 degrees hotter in my apt. It's bearable if there is a breeze. I haven't dusted my room fans off yet so I'm depending on natural breezes this week.

Last night there was a nice southerly breeze so I parked myself on my loveseat in front of the window to watch TV in my livingroom. My bedroom was getting nothing. I developed a technique to get to sleep though: sleep on top of my feather comforter facing bedroom windows. If it gets chilly overnight, I can always pull up a corner of my comforter and wrap myself. A breeze did pick up overnight and I slept well. Today is the last of the hot weather supposedly. Tomorrow we're getting thunderstorms. Hopefully the storm won't blow in tonight and announce itself with a crack of thunder like a gunshot at 3AM.

No comments: