Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday, Crummy Tuesday

Since today has been such a cruddy day, I figure I'll steal this from Sarah's blog:

The Rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The game rules are posted at the beginning of the post. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment to let them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1) After 4 years, I get antsy to quit my job. I think it's because school programs you for change every 4 years. Also, I feel like staying put is settling into a rut.

2) I carry on a running commentary in my head while I talk to people. For example, a co-worker was really excited by the fact that I had curried tuna today for lunch and she was asking me what was in it. As I answered her questions my internal commentary ran something like this, "God, what is her deal? It's just curry. Just answer her questions quickly and get out of this conversation."

3)If I get pissed off on the phone, I switch to a sickeningly sweet voice with lots of gollys and goshes. And after I hang up, I say, "Asshole."

4) I hate crowds to the point that I get ready to leave shows early and basically bolt out of the theater. Or my brother introduced me to a new method, just linger long enough to have the crowd clear out.

5) I'm a fast walker and hate being stuck behind slow walkers. I will run around people to get to where I'm going.

6) If a random stranger freaks me out, I make a point to look him in the eyes. Hopefully, this accomplishes two things: conveys confidence and takes me off of his potential victim list.

7) When something obscure I like becomes popular, I start hating it. It's a good preemptive move since it usually starts sucking ass just as it sells out for popularity (i.e. Dane Cook).

8) I have a running series of dreams which throughout nightly episodes advances a convoluted plot. While dreaming, if a contradiction occurs within the story I can say, "Wait a minute, that can't happen because of X" but that has absolutely no effect. Some nights, I can call up a best of showcase of my dreams.

No comments: