Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Good Times Tumble

Last night was my first spring season chorus rehearsal and Soprano Diva was absent! I hope she quit the chorus but she might have been sick. It was great seeing everyone again and our new musical repertoire isn't lame. I found out that next year we're going to perform Carmina Burana so I am unbelievably psyched. Even if I do move, I'll stick with the chorus.

After rehearsal it looked like I lost one of my stacked rings - the topaz stone one so I was bummed. This is why I can't have nice things: the first time I wear it I will lose it or drip coffee down the front of a gorgeous outfit. I wish bibs were fashionable! Glory of glories I found the ring on the floor of my car today!

I have a job hunt pet peeve. Why can't people leave information in voicemail messages? I played phone tag today with a staffing rep because she just asked me to call her. Her big news? She has no news on my job interview. So why did you waste time calling me? Throughout phone ping pong, I imagined every possibility and I got some bullshit "Oh I'm just checking in. Nothing has happened." Argh! Imagine if the rep actually SAID in the voicemail message, "I haven't heard back from X company." Maybe the world will spin off its axis?

No comments: