Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Great Weekend (Except Sunday)

Friday night, I had one of the best bottles of wine I've ever had. Since I had company over, I did up a nice spread of food. Manchego is my new go-to cheese for entertaining and tons of places carry it now. It's a goat cheese but not too goaty, more nutty. I also tried out Joan of Arc's brie - another fabulous cheese. Since I picked up really nice dipping bread, I tried to emulate Not Your Average Joes' bread dip. It is actually very easy! I added a personal touch with a dash of sweet paprika.

Saturday, I had excellent errand karma. I had a whole list of stores I needed to go to and I found a plaza with all three: Michaels, CVS, and a pet store. Burlington kicks ass! I seriously wish I had more hobbies and talent every time I visit Michaels. I could get back into crocheting again - I double crochet (it's like a lazy persons knitting).

The awesome chili has lasted for dinner for a while and I know I will get sick of it soon. Maybe I'll try a crock pot roast next time?

No comments: